Thursday, June 2, 2011

Four Boys, Three Girls and a Human

Or rather, why am I here?


My friend recently got a job transfer to a different country. While I'm sad to see her family go, they left me with a gift for our friendship. Rather, several gifts. My friend's family can't take their family of toy poodles with them and so left them with me. That's three fully-grown dogs and one of them pregnant, very distressed and very upset that her owners were not around.

I was stressed out with the new additions to my home and unfortunately, Zoey, the pregnant dog, began to thin, refused to eat and almost didn't give birth.

But thanks to many online help and friends with dogs, as of three weeks ago, she gave birth to her second litter of puppies to join her first batch, Zack and Chelsea.

Four more pups for me to take care of and name, and seven dogs total for me to love.

Can you imagine taking care of all of them at the same time?

I can't, but I'm having a very clear picture of just what I have to do. I don't want their family separated, so I'll have to make do. It's stressful, insane and I'm not sure if I can do it. Thankfully, there's a lot of support to be found in online guides and other sites, but I do want to have my own little archive of tips.

So! This blog will be full of my misadventures with my new dogs as well as dog and puppy care as I find them on the internet, complete with my own reports and experiments. Hopefully, it'll be useful to other surprise pet owners out there!

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment